Wednesday, April 9, 2008

m.i.a.

I know, its been awhile since I've written anything. I meant to write something last week so I could have a blog entry at least every month but I missed the entire month of March!

So I've been trying to figure out:
1. How I'm going to lose 2 lbs a month until my wedding (by this I mean deciding what gym to join)
2. How I can get back into volunteering (I was so good about this last year, not sure what happened...I can be so lazy...)

On a side note, so I'm watching American Idol Gives Back and when the clip with Annie Lenox in Africa came on I found myself crying. I don't know why it takes someone else's misfortune to make people realize what they have. I was crying because I felt so bad for wanting so many things when I am so incredibly lucky to in be the position I'm in. God, why am I worrying about how I can buy a house or wanting the next "it" bag when there are kids don't even have food or parents to support them (no wonder the rest of the world hates America). But then I felt bad that I felt bad because why should I only feel this way when I see others suffering? I know its human nature but really its not right. So conflicted...people give back when you can! We are all so privileged and we owe it to those less fortunate to donate whatever we can...time, money or both...I know, who am I to say anything since I've done shit this past year but I'm really going to try to be a better world citizen this year!

No comments: