Thursday, August 16, 2007

Le Bernardin

First, let me just say thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Second, let me tell you about my dinner at Le Bernardin. Of course as usual it was EXCELLENT. We both had the Chefs tasting menu and enjoyed lobster, wild salmon, fluke, and more (8 yummy courses in total)! The only bad thing was this guy that was sitting next to us. He was dining alone and was the most arrogant, rude, schizophrenic, ignorant man I have ever seen...to recap...

Description: Male with balding hair (on top, long on the bottom), round stomach, bad suit, apparently American

Timeline of Behavior: (note: I am NOT kidding here)
7:30pm - Sitting on right side of table
7:31pm - Gets up and walks out of the restaurant
7:35pm- Comes back to the table but proceeds to sit on the left side of table (note, all his settings on are the right side so of course the wait staff have to change it)
7:37pm - Gets up and walks out of the restaurant
7:40pm - Comes back to table and sits on same side
7:45pm - Gets up and walks out of the the restaurant
7:50pm - Comes back to table and sits on same side
7:53pm - Gets up and walks out of the the restaurant
7:59pm - Comes back to table and sits on opposite side (note, he kept switching sides like every 4th time he left the table)
8:00pm - Gets up and walks out of the the restaurant
This went ON and ON and ON unti about 9:15pm..He probably got up and left the table/restaurant about 15 times...I kid you NOT...everyone in the restaurant was looking at him...

Then, the piece de resistance-- he frickin' lights up a cigarette and starts SMOKING at his table. For those of you that don't know, here are some facts: (1) LeBernardin is 4-star restaurant, arguably the finest restaurant in NYC, (2) smoking is NOT ALLOWED in NYC restaurants. At first I thought I smelled smoke, and I look over at the psycopath and he's SMOKING. Another table noticed and complained to the Maitre D so he finally put it out after 2 mnutes. Really, he almost ruined my birthday dinner. I was SO OFFENDED. It literally left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways, I wish I had a camera so I could've taken a picture of this guy, or even shot a mini-video. RIDICULOUS.

But besides the fuc*#$ prick I had a great time at dinner with my sweetie.

Thank you Frank!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe he kept having peanut butter jelly time at another restaurant, hence the quarterly comings/goings.